A Hidden Vine Hello, Guest†logout
$0
$10 - $25
$25 - $50
$50 - $100
$100 - $250
Home†>†Type†>†Red Wine
Saxum 2016 Booker Vineyard Red Blend Paso Robles
Saxum 2016 Booker Vineyard Red Blend Paso Robles
Saxum 2016 Booker Vineyard Red Blend

We are back on track with the 2016 Booker Vineyard. As you may recall, yields were so bad in 2015 that we didnít bottle a Booker Vineyard, but this wine makes up for it! In typical Booker fashion, itís primarily Syrah with a bit of Mataro thrown in. Great richness and texture like this wine always has in spades. We aged a chunk in concrete amphora, adding some great tension and lift to this bruiser. Black fruits, violets, crushed rocks, and maybe a little dried cranberry. I think it has the hallmarks to be a classic, but itís going to need some time in your cellar to really open up because the tannins are still pretty hefty.

97-99 Points Jeb Dunnuck: The 2016 Booker Vineyard is made from 73% Syrah and 27% MourvŤdre and saw 13% whole clusters and 100% new French oak. Inky colored, it gives up killer notes of blackberry, blueberries, crushed rock, and liquid violets in a thick, unctuous, structured and tannic style. It's a blockbuster, no doubt, but I suspect short term cellaring will be your friend."

96-98 Points Robert Parker's Wine Advocate: "A blend of 73% Syrah and 27% Mataro, the 2016 Booker Vineyard ...óthis year with 60% in new puncheons and the remaining 40% in large amphorae. It's harvested in two tranches: the first and larger pick is the south-facing slope that's exclusively Syrah and entirely destemmed, the second pick being the north-facing slope that includes both some Mataro and some whole cluster. The wine opens in the glass with a brooding bouquet of grilled meat, bay leaf and dark, plummy fruit, followed by a full-bodied, concentrated wine with great depth and tension but plenty of chewy tannin that is going to need some time to resolve. Everything points to it being absolutely superb."

95-97 Points Vinous: "Youthful purple. Intensely perfumed dark berry liqueur, Dark purple. Powerful black and blue fruit preserve aromas are complicated by hints of smoky minerals, incense and succulent herbs, and a subtle hint of white pepper develops in the glass. Juicy and concentrated yet surprisingly energetic as well, offering sappy, sharply delineated blackberry, cherry compote and floral pastille flavors and a touch of five-spice powder. The impressively long, chewy finish features resonating floral and dark berry notes and dusty tannins that emerge slowly and steadily."




Type

Red

Varietal

73% Syrah, 27% Mataro

Vintage

2016

Bottle size

750mL

Alcohol content

15.6%

Appellation

California - Paso Robles

Wine Advocate

96-98

Wine Enthusiast

--

Wine Spectator

--

Other

n/a

750mL
Send to: or add name:
help
We'll ask for shipping info at checkout
Price: †
$149.95
Quantity